Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An hour and a half later in Newfoundland

So I've been in St. John's Newfoundland now for 3 days. I'm not going to discuss the hotel..suffice it to say that the Treasury Management Association of Canada and the Real Estate people have a corner on every single hotel spot in the city. So if you don't like where you are..hotel's answer is basically...suck it up..at least your not sleeping outside! Total stranger drunk guy on the elevator who gave me his glow in the dark halo, perhaps he was just trying to offload a really tacky convention gift and joke's on me!


There are some great views and opportunity for awesome photos. Views from Signal Hill are amazing and the plan is to go back at dawn to get shots at sunrise...we'll see if that actually happens. It all sounds good in theory until the alarm goes off..then all bets are off. So until then..here's how I saw St. John's so far this week.


St. John's Harbour, Newfoundland


Atlantic Ocean..can you see Europe?


Fort Amherst, Newfoundland


Cliffs at Signal Hill, St John's Newfoundland


The edge of Canada
Cape Spear, Newfoundland (easternmost point in Canada)

No comments: