The trip started when I boarded the big bright canary yellow bus. Could this bus be any brighter? The sun's reflection off the paint is blinding. I think it might even glow in the dark. On the up side, it's easy to find in the parking lot!

Big Canary Yellow Bus
I'd love to say I saw it all on the way to Massachusetts, but I'd be lying. I got on in Ottawa and napped most of the way. Woke up briefly in Phillipsburg, Vermont to show my ID to the nice US border agent. It is a rare occurrence when yours truly does not make any smart ass comments..the presence of an armed border guard has a way of keeping me quiet!
We stopped for lunch in Burlington, VT, and I slept the rest of the way through Vermont. I was also well on my way to sleeping right through New Hampshire, when my slumber was halted by rapid deceleration of the bus on the side of the highway. Seems our bus had a flat tire! So we waited for assistance to arrive, and change the tire. In all a 2 hour delay, during which time, I napped, tried to read, watched a movie, and took pictures of the scenery outside the bus. It was all very uninteresting, except for the "Moose crossing" sign (as seen through the bug splattered windshield)..How do the moose know to cross there?

Highway scenery in New Hampshire!

Moose crossing sign..waiting for tire to be fixed

Freida
My seat mate is Freida! I think I kept her awake most of the ride so far with my sneezing and snoring! She's awesome and has a great attitude..and has not snuffed me out yet. Let's see how she feels about me in a few days time!
Our most excellent driver is Dave. So far he's avoided crushing stupid drivers (of which there have been many) who cut in front of him. How big and yellow must the bus be for drivers to pay attention? He's also played slalom around pylons and construction (even more construction than there are stupid drivers) and dealt with a flat tire! Our cruise director is Gail, who is keeping us entertained and informed. I give you a photo of Dave and Gail.

Dave the driver and Gail the cruise director!
I'd love to have some deep and philosophical parting words for this day one of the Cape Cod adventure, but alas..I don't. I'm too tired. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Night folks!
and to those wondering..yes...there will be Chianti on this trip...thanks to the fine folks at the New Hampshire Liquor store (..and Lisa P...check out the chasers...)


1 comment:
lol
a) love the posts - added some joy to my day
b) definitely love the greygoose in that pic. haha. awesome
i look forward to day 2!
Post a Comment