Spent some time walking around Boston , not nearly enough time, but some is better than none. The weather was sunny and it was very very hot!
Boston is the most interesting city I've ever visited. The architecture is amazing, the gardens and green space are plentiful and the views amazing.
First up was the famed Bull & Finch Pub on Beacon and Brimmer (it's the street front that appeared on Cheers). Didn't eat there, just walked by, gawked and took a picture! Yes folks I'm a typical tourist.

Bull and Finch Pub, Boston (Cheers!)
A few blocks away is a small cobblestone street called Acorn Street in the Beacon Hill neighbourhood. First there is irony. Acorn street is next to Cedar street and Chestnut street, but nowhere near Elm street, which is clear across the city in another neighbourhood.
Acorn street is very very narrow and the homes on this street were built in the 1820s. It is a tiny street that one might not notice, it's almost like an alley. I came across it somewhat by accident but found it extremely pretty and quaint. The entire neighbourhood has this feel except maybe for the Starbucks on the corner.

Acorn Street, Beacon Hill, Boston
We visited the Shipyards in Charlestown, Boston. I'm not sure if this house had any particular history, but it is extremely well maintained and made for an interesting photo. So many houses in Boston have this stately feel.

Estate house near the Shipyards
The most impressive part of Boston was the Commons and Botanical Garden. It is this luscious green space in the middle of the City with the skyline as a backdrop. There were people hanging out, having lunch, reading, playing music, painting..you name it, people were doing it.

People hanging out at Boston Commons

Skyline from the Duck pond in the Gardens

Another view of the Gardens
Here's me at the Kennedy Library and Museum with Boston Skyline as backdrop.

My visit to Boston was way to short and way to quick. I will return to see all those things that I missed....Not sure what we'll do tomorrow..

No comments:
Post a Comment